Red Rock Canyon National Conservation area and other areas like it are also affected by the Government shutdown.
Facing the threat of a shutdown, the Bureau of Land Management devised a contingency plan that helps to answer some of these questions.Â Generally:
- Visitor centers and recreational facilities are closed (including campgrounds and bathrooms).Â All permitted activities are canceled and/or postponed.Â You may recreate/visit a non-developed area with no controlled access, but keep in mind there are no non-emergency services available.
- All Volunteer Activities will discontinue for the duration of the shutdown.
- If you have aÂ meeting with BLM staff during the shutdown it is cancelled.
- There is no clear guidance on whichÂ roads will be closed.Â In general, roads that provide access for communities and major transportation routes will remain open.
- BLM will continue to operateÂ law enforcement and emergency response functions.
You can read the BLM contingency plan here:Â http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/BLM-Contingency-Plan.pdf