New Year, New Goals, New Gear
Innate makes gear to keep liquids in and to keep liquids out. They contacted me recently and offered a great prize package of some of their goods to help kick off the Rockgrrl.com New Year.
I’ve been happily using one of their dry bags for over a year now, used it kayaking, sailing, to protect my camera “just in case” during over the water traverse to climbing areas, and to keep clothes in during various trips. It’s holding up great!
The prize package they’ve given us has an item I wish I had the last time I was at Joshua Tree National Park… the Aquaduct Water System. I’ve used the cheap translucent collapsible water cubes to hold water in Jtree but have had incidents with ravens poking holes in them. The funny thing is when I first used one, I was warned by a friend that he’d had one ruined by a raven as well. I left mine out anyway and sure enough when we got back to camp it had been pierced a couple of times. Anyway, if I had had an Innate Aquaduct I suspect we would’ve been fine. I’m also impressed by how small this folds into considering it can hold 4 gallons of water.
Here’s the list of the great stuff what’s in the package being given away:
- 1 Aquaduct Water System – Water
- 1 set of Portal Deluxe Envelopes – Keep beta and topo printouts and maps safe, fold them so pertinent info shows through the window
- 1 Americano 12 oz – Hot beverage around the campfire or on a commute
- 1 Mentor Trail Sac – Handy dry bag
- 1 Kaze Modular Vacuum Bottle – Can be used as a handled mug or a streamlined thermos
How to Enter
This will be a random give away.
You can better your chances of winning by doing all of the below, or just do one of them if you’re feeling especially lucky!
- Leave a comment on this blog post by answering one or both of these questions: What are your 2013 outdoor goals? What was the first outdoor activity you did in 2013?
- On Twitter, follow @rockgrrl and @innate_gear tweet a 2013 goal and use the hashtag #Innate2013 in the tweet
- Post a comment on the Rockgrrl Facebook post about the contest.
Entries will be counted from today through midnight PST on January 13 and the winner will be announced by noon PST January 14, 2012 on the Rockgrrl.com blog.
Happy New Year everyone! My first outdoor activity for the New Year was a beach walk, what was yours and what are your goals?