Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Rockgrrl Discussion Forum
  Welcome to the ReOpening of our forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Rockgrrl.com Homepage Rockgrrl Shop  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Welcome! Introduce yourself! (Read 42853 times)
latinaclimber
Newbies

Florida
Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself!
Reply #60 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 6:42am

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am trying to fill in my profile. Not working, any suggestions? I'm from Florida and new to the rock climbing world. I'm going to Colorado at the end of the month. I'm looking to book a guide with either Colorado Mnt school or American climbing inst. anyone know this people or heard anything, good or bad?? Also looking for a comfortable pair of pants to wear, I'm a little larger in the bottom, with a small waist.
Thanx for any words of wisedom
Rosaly

Life is Good!

IP Logged

Rockgrrl Admin
YaBB Administrator

Climb on!

California
Reply #61 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 12:34am

Quote:
Hi, I'm new to this forum and am trying to fill in my profile. Not working, any suggestions? I'm from Florida and new to the rock climbing world. I'm going to Colorado at the end of the month. I'm looking to book a guide with either Colorado Mnt school or American climbing inst. anyone know this people or heard anything, good or bad?? Also looking for a comfortable pair of pants to wear, I'm a little larger in the bottom, with a small waist.
Thanx for any words of wisedom
Rosaly

Did you get your profile working? You get to the place to input your information by clicking on Profile up in the bar on top.

I haven't heard of either of those climbing outfits you mentioned so can't help you there sorry Sad

Regarding climbing pants, I own Prana pants which are stretchy so can fit curves. They aren't as durable as canvas type pants though. There's a discussion thread on pants with more suggestions, it's here: http://rockgrrl.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=main;action=display;num=107523794...

~ Rockgrrl
aka Eileen
IP Logged

tumblebees
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #62 - Mar 31st, 2007 at 7:42pm

Hi everyone,

This looks like a great site!  My name is Karin and I am a trad climber in So. Cal.  Can't wait to get to know y'all...

IP Logged

moulder
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #63 - Apr 3rd, 2007 at 11:32am

Hi! Iam a MBA student from TAIWAN.
I am doing research about recreational participator's behavior.
Thus I come to this forum to collect some information.

IP Logged

MissAnne
Newbies

Reply #64 - Jun 5th, 2007 at 1:42pm

Hi- My name is Anne Skidmore- I'm helping put together EMS & IMCS Women's Rock Weekend.
June 23rd & 24th in North Conway, NH!  I have some posts up in the main forum area.  Hope you can come check it out!  It's going to be so much fun!
Woo hoo!
Anne

www.ime-usa.com
www.emsclimb.com

IP Logged

latinaclimber
Newbies

Florida
Reply #65 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:34am

Hey.....looking back , I've come a long way, no longer really consider myself new to climbing, but still have more to learn. Still in Florida and love to climb, been to a few places now. Totally in love with it, obsessed really. Love to hear from you and where you climb at and where we can hook up maybe some day.
Rock on
Rosaly

Life is Good!

IP Logged

trussed
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 4:55pm

hi! i climb too!
love it!
this forum has such style.
hope to chat wit all of you soon!

IP Logged

sohahna
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 9:42am

hey all...glad to find you all here!  Cheesy found this place just looking for some ideas. i've just started climbing indoors in melbourne (Australia), and 4 weeks into it, i'm becoming stuck at 14's. really frustrated as there's been one point i get stuck on every single climb that is otherwise piss-easy. and it's because of reach. the boys i've been climbing with just don't understand, and i hear all the time that women make better climbers - there are some really decent female climbers too, at the gym, just to make me feel particularly bad. Was pleased to find your forum on short climbers, so I know it's not just me! yeay. just to add an extra frustration, i'm very NOTflexible from an old back injury.  Think I'll get some good ideas from you all, and maybe a bit of a reality check from time to time, so thanks!

IP Logged

Rockgrrl Admin
YaBB Administrator

Climb on!

California
Reply #68 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 10:07am

Hi and welcome!

Stuck at 14s!  Shocked

Sorry for the joke,  here in the states 5.14 (what we might call "14s") is a near impossible grade to climb and didn't even exist a few years ago.

Reach can definitely be a bummer sometimes. Lacking some back flexibility must make it extra hard too.

~ Rockgrrl
aka Eileen
IP Logged

StaziaFace

Herrow Everyone!

Wenatchee, WA
Reply #69 - Apr 2nd, 2008 at 1:38pm

Hi There!

My name is Anastazia and i am rather new to climbing! I started with my fiance about this time last year and really love the sport. I have a hard time gauging where I am and how well I'm doing because I always climb with him and his other friends (all boys) that have been climbing a LONG time... He's really good about getting me on routes that are easy enough for me but also challenge me. BUT I realized that I have never climbed with another girl! I figure there has got to be some differences in the way men and women climb and their strengths vs weaknesses etc. Anyone wanna help me out and figure out what they are? lol Hope to hear from you!

Anastazia

IP Logged

Rockgrrl Admin
YaBB Administrator

Climb on!

California
Reply #70 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:56am

Hi Anastazia! Sounds like you're doing the best thing you can be, which is climbing regularly!

Are you in the States? Maybe you can hook up with some other female climbers just to have a "girl's outing" sometime.

~ Rockgrrl
aka Eileen
IP Logged

StaziaFace

Herrow Everyone!

Wenatchee, WA
Reply #71 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 12:06pm

Ya, I'm in WA! So I know a lot of people get out to Vantage so hopefully I can meets some great gals to meet up there!

IP Logged

eric
Newbies

Reply #72 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 9:45pm

eileen, whats up this is eric from joshua tree last weekend.  Im at matts place this week. gota go though, later eric

IP Logged

Rockgrrl Admin
YaBB Administrator

Climb on!

California
Reply #73 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 12:04pm

Hey Eric! It was great meeting you, I've got pics coming up. Hey we might climb locally tomorrow (Malibu Creek State Park), I'll send you an email and/or ask Matt for info.

~ Rockgrrl
aka Eileen
IP Logged

JnNYC
Newbies

Reply #74 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:57am

Hi everyone! My name is Julia and I am new to the climbing world.  My boyfriend and I live in New York City and we recently got into bouldering and indoor climbing.  This website is wonderful! I'm so glad to have found it!  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print